Big Rapids Antique Farm & Power Club
1. Speed limit of 5 miles per hour for all types of vehicles.
2. Vehicles must stay on established roadways.
3. No vehicles hill or embankment climbing.
4. No alcoholic beverages in show, event, or exhibit area.
5. All trash and refuse is to be picked up and properly disposed of at home.
6. The Board of Big Rapids Antique Farm & Power Club has the right to deny
permission for anyone to drive or ride on any vehicle or piece of equipment at
any club function for any reason.
Tractor Rider Rules
1. Drivers must be over 10 years of age or OK'd by board members to operate
any tractor or other motorized vehicle.
2. Operator must have complete control of equipment being run. (A child sitting
on the tractor seat while the operator stands on the axle or draw-bar is not
allowed if the child cannot reach the brakes, clutch, steering, on/off switch or
3. Riders must have a safe place to stand or sit. If riding on a fender, it must be
solidly mounted on the tractor and have sufficient place to hang on to. Also,
you need enough tire/fender clearance so as not to hit the tire, causing an
accident. Small kid's seats will be 'ok' as long as they are securely mounted
4. Extra seats: They can be used as long as they are mounted securely and in a
safe manner. They must be strong enough to hold the person using them.
On small tractors, if seat is behind operator, the tractor must have enough
front weight to keep steering control at all times, even on the hills. There
must be a place for the rider to place their feet and not be close to any power
shafts or lifts which they could get caught on if in operation by accident.
5. Standing riders are allowed but under the following provisions:
a. On tractors, there must be a minimum of a 12 inch by 12 inch (or larger)
plate platform securely fastened to stand on.
b. If standing on the rear axle housing, a platform must be in place and
fenders are required so riders can't fall onto the tire. The fender may be
used as a handhold, fenders are not needed when using a draw-bar
c. On the draw-bar a 12 inch by 12 inch plate (or larger) must be bolted in a
safe manner so it is solid. The tractor seat may be used for a handhold.
Fenders are not needed when using a draw-bar platform.
6. Small children may be seated on the driver's seat with the driver as long as
the driver is in full control of the tractor at all times and the child is safe on
Garden Tractor Pull Rules
Dirt Track Transfer Sled
1. Must be factory chassis and transmission. One engine only (small engine
type), no more than 4000 RPM. No snowmobile or motorcycle engines. RPM's
will be checked prior to and after pull. All modified exhaust must be pointed
straight up. Stock exhaust may either be straight up or out. No mower decks
or other tools on tractor allowed. Speed limits may be enforced.
2. Tractors must be weighted in and registered 30 minutes prior to pull. No
weight or gas added after weigh in.
3. Rubber tires only. No duals or 4-wheel drives. Top cut only. No cutting to
front of bar or into the casing.
4. Tractors must have reverse and functional steering. Must have wheelie bars
(no spring devises) and deemed safe by the club.
5. NO bouncing in seat and one had on steering wheel at all times. No jerking
the sled. This will be ENFORCED.
6. Stationary hitches only with a 1.5" opening, no more than 13" high and no
farther than 3.5" behind radius of rear tire.
7. Weights no more than 16" from front of tractor and rear weights no more than
24" from center of rear axle. Keep weight brackets at reasonable width.
8. Weights must be secure. Anything falls off tractor, pull will be disqualified.
9. Puller will get one attempt and must obey flagman at all times or be
10. There are 4 classes: 850#, 950#, 1050#, and 1250# with a tire size limit of
11. $10.00 entry fee. One driver per tractor per class.
12. Minors must be 12 years old, have a parent's signature and have complete
control of tractor. Parents must be present during minor's pull.
13. Pullers: no drugs or alcohol before or during pull.
14. Contestants will not hold parties responsible for damages, injuries, or theft at
15. JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL. Any unsportsmanlike conduct; puller will be
barred from pull for remainder of season.
Kids 8-11 years old 700#class. Sames rules as above. $5.00 hook fee.